Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Twins at 34/35 weeks... UPDATE... Another update...

Hi all,

Had a routine growth scan of id boys on tuesday and was admitted straight away for steroid injections as it was looking like one of the boys had not grown very much in 2 weeks. Saw consultant next day who said was pleased that they had both grown and that he will be monitoring me closely - twice weekly from now on. Blood flow and fluid good on scan yesterday and back agiain on tues for another growth scan.

Will be 35 weeks next thursday and just wondered if any of you had your twins this early? Think my hospital goes with side of caution and will get them out if in any doubt at all. Will they be in special care if they are delivered next week? They currently weigh 4lb5oz and 4lb 8oz, but not sure how accurate that is as they can't get their head measurements as too far down in my pelvis.

Thanks, B x

Hi again, been for growth scan again today and doctors not entirely happy with growth so having section on Thursday! Will be exactly 36 weeks. Boys weigh approx. 5lb and 4lb 8. Very excited and can't wait to meet them. B x

It's been a busy few days! Boys arrived at 3.05pm on Thursday weighing 4lb6 (Lennon) and 5lb2 (Riley). Everything went well and we been on ward ever since. Boys doing well with blood sugars and temperatures now just got to get them feeding well at every feed b4 we can go home. They are beautiful and I can't stop looking at them! I fell in love with them straight away and loving every second of them! Feels so special to have twins xxx
[Modified by: b_boo on 23 March 2010 13:55:36 ]

[Modified by: b_boo on 23 March 2010 14:49:03 ]

[Modified by: b_boo on 28 March 2010 11:05:04 ]

Replies

• Options
    my twins were non id and they decided they wanted out at 31wks,it was a stright forward delivery,i had them natural but they did use forceps as they wanted to get them out as quick as poss' they went stright to scbu and they were there for 5wks,they both was over 4lb when they were born,they were the biggist babies in scbu at the time to say how early they were :lol: but i think 35wks they dont class that as prem' my son he was born at 35wks and we were in hospital for 5 days as he was in and out of a incubator due to him been jaundice,dont worry,you have done fab to carry them for that long

sarah
  • Options
    my id twins were born at 33+6 and weighed 3lb 6 and 3lb12 i had steriod injections at 28 weeks as my consultant had already planned a c-section at 34+3 but because of restricted growth i ended up being monitored every day from 30 weeks and scanned twice weekly!! my girls spent 16 days in scbu and are now home with me and still shouldnt have been due untill 27th march !! they now weigh 4lb 6 and 4lb 12!! image they came home so early as there was no medical reason for them being in !! they were tube fed for about 10days untill they got used to the sucking refex they also spent 1 day each under photo thearepy due to being jaundice!!
    hope all goes well and good luck image
    xxx
  • Options
    My ID twins were born by elective c-section at 32+3 due to a severe growth restriction. They spent 5 weeks in Scbu putting on weight and learning to feed. Luckily they had no medical problems whilst there and are now 10 months and thriving x
  • Options
    Mine were non-id, but i was induced for same reason at 36wks, i was scanned at 32wk then at 36wk, they said my twin 1, had not grown enough, so i was brought back to be induced (not in no hurry though), 5 days later. x
  • Options
    My non id twin boys were born at 34 weeks and weighed 5lb 12oz and 5lb 2oz!!! They were in an incubator but didn't need any special help... We came home after 12 days...

Good luck...

Sara x
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies. Am 35 weeks today and had another scan to check blood flow and fluid, all seems good. Got growth scan on tuesday and will be told when my section is then. My aim was to get to 35 weeks so am pleased - can't wait to meet them now! x
  • Options
    Mine were born at 38 weeks as they had also stopped growing. I was induced.

Well done for getting to 35 weeks! And good luck for the birth! image xx
  • Options
    My ID girls were born at 34 weeks Ruby came home after one day in SCBU and she weighed 5lb 2 and Ella was in for 6 days she was 4lb 12 and had some breathing difficulty she has a small hole in her hearty but at 15.5mnths you would never guess how early they were image x
  • Options
    Thats wonderful news, look forward to your next update and hopefully some pictures of the boys. I hope it all goes as smoothly as possible for you xx
  • Options
    Good luck for tomorrow, bet your excited to meet them, x
  • Options
    My boys were born at 36 + 2 and were 5lb 5oz and 5lb 5.5oz. We were in hospital 10 days in order to get them feeding and make sure they were gaining weight and thats it. They are now happy, healthy 5.5month olds! Good Luck for tomorrow. You'll be fine xxx
  • Options
    Ooo they should be here by now?!! Hope all is well hun xx
  • Options
    Ooo they should be here by now?!! Hope all is well hun xx
  • Options
    Thats fab news hun. Congratulations xx
  • Options
    Lovely news, weights are good, cant wait to hear more, x
  • Options
    congratulations on your little boys,they will be home in no time

sarah
  • Options
    Congrats hunny lovely names too image It is special to have twins image N exhausting hehe! Welcome to the exclusive & Crazy world of multiple mummys xxx