Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Twin Antenatal Class...was great!!

I am back from my twin antenatal class which was 9.45am - 3.00pm today.

This may bore some of you i know... as its twin related...

I was suprised to see 6 other pg ladies who were ranged from 20 - 29 wks pg with twins! I mean 6 (plus me makes 7) is quite a lot for the area really and for us all to be so close date wise too... I am 27+2 and was second furthest on, just one lady who was 29wks.

We had the local twin group co-ordinators were present, midwife, health visitor and 2 sets of parent and twins!

The twin parents were a set of 5 month old boys (born at 32wks) and the the other was 6 wk old girls (born at 30+6) - which were still in SCBU...yes thats right we visited SCBU from the viewing corridor... Its was fantastic!!! The twin group co-ordinators were both twin mummies too, whose twins were 2/3 yrs old but also born at 30 and 34 wks.

So overall today the twins above , example wise were born from 30 - 34 wks!!!
Eeekkkk.... So i may not have long left at all.

The class went into detail as per single pg on birth/labour/feeding etc just about 2!

I learnt alot and found it invauable! I was the only geek who took notes...lol!

The best bit tho was visiting SCBU and seeing the stages they enter and in and move up before they leave, I feel not worried one bit now about there early arrival (if thats the case).

Em x

Replies

• hiya
    glad u enjoyed it and it was useful to u, we went round neonatal and did all the same stuff and i found it great help!

how u feeling??xx
  • I feeling good thanks, and you?

(I feel better in 2wks when i finish work tho).
  • you are so lucky, i never even got offered normal antenatal classes it was just presumed that i didnt want them, never mind speical twin ones, i dont think we even have a twin group!! its fantastic that you got to look round scbu as it wont be as daunting if (hopefully not) your babies have to spend anytime there. my girls were 33 + 4 and spemt 3 weeks there but the staff were fab. n e way good luck xx
  • oh my god
    you are so lucky!

there is no such thing as ante natal clasees in my part of the UK - as they have cut them to drop the cost!!!!

that is so-ooooo good that you got to see the SCBU etc...

i never saw anything before hand - and it was ll huge and scarey and totally unprepeared for it after wards!

espeacially the operatingh theatre - where all twins are deliverd - naturally or not in my hospital!
    that freaked me out - and the midwife had a bit of a dig at me for being shocked! but i bloody well was!!!!
  • yeah am good too, just really tired to be honest(but i do have a 4yr old and a13month old to look after too)
    cant complain tho as im being well looked after, finish work the 1st week in december so not long to go either xxx