Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Hi. I'm new!

Hello, room for a newbie?

I am almost 18 weeks with twins!

We have our 20 week scan on 23rd Dec which I am looking forward to but I am also a bit aprehensive.
We are going to find out the gender then which is exciting!

I am already huge, I have been in maternity clothes since 10 weeks! 2 of my sisters are also expecting, one in March and the other in May (but they are just having one each!)

I was very lucky and didn't suffer from morning sickness, I am just VERY tired!

I am worried about money and work and how we are going to cope but just trying to enjoy it for now!

Hope to speak to you all soon!

KTG

Replies

• Hey congrats, being a mum to multiples is a fantastic journey, and cant be that bad as we started ttc for no 3 when twins were 6 months and are talking about ttc no 4.

It will be lovely to have your sisters support, i think going thru it together will be great.

When is your edd and do you know if you have id or non id.

Its a lovely bunch of girls here so if you have any questions im sure someone will be able to help.

xxDBxx

Mum to id boys 21 months 16 week old baby and working on husband lol
  • Hi and welcome!

My names Emma and I am 30+5 wks with twin girls (non-id, we think?)

These are my first, so I can help much with advice, but I am on here most days now as on mat leave, waiting for the arrival. x
  • hi and congrats,

im mandy im 36+2 with twin boys non-id i think..

these are 6+7 lol,mad...

mandy x
  • Thanks for your replies.

Our official date is 12 May but they have said they will likely arrive in April.

We were very lucky (so I keep reminding myself) that we got pregnant on the first attempt after being on the pill for 10 years. This is our first attempt at parenting!

Not sure if they are ID or not, won't know for definate till they arrive but they deifinatelty have their own placentas.

I am excited but also petrified.

Have had a few flutters but no major movements yet!

KTG
  • Hi welcome!

I'm 11+3 with non-identical twins. I'm showing already so i'm going to be huge!

• hi ktg

congratulations on your twin pregnancy!

i have twins - nearly 6 months now - and a 3 year old girl

you sound like you have your very own mother and baby group in the family!
    my sisters have babies too - but live abroad so our group only meets up about 4 times a year!
    all our kids adore each other though - and all speak english - with my 3 year old having a smattering of words from the other languages. she does a very convincing deutsch accent now!
    sending you lots of good luck
    bunty
  • Hi KTG congrats being a multiple mum is fantastic. I have non id 5mth girls who spent time in scbu and 2yr girl,

Hopefully any questions me or one of the other girls will be able to help.

Doublebubble - are you crazy lol, saying that i keep thinking i would love another all though worried next wouldbe multiple too lol triplets quads!!! Hubby says defo no thoughimage

sorry to go on congrats again ktg and good luck
  • Hi and welcome. I am 33+3 weeks pg with twins. My dd will be two on 29th. Can't wait for their arrival but still has not sunk in that there will be two !! Like you they have their own placenta and are more than likely non id. However, we are keeping sexes secret (need some surprises in life !)My 40 week due date is 26th Jan but I will be sectioned at 37/38 weeks (hope to get date next week!)