Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

going insane!!!!!

hi guys hope your all well and babies too!

well i am 36+4 today and went for my final hospital appointment/scan yesterday.

i am completely freaked out as i have been told both babies are over 7lb

and are very chunky,so clearly they have been having a growth spurt it there lol!

i think the thing that scares me most is the fact that i am not booked in for

my c-section until 2 weeks away at 38+3,so how big will they be by then.

kind of hoping my labour starts before this now!really struggling on my feet now

and fell again (think all the weight is throwing me off balance) but babies are

fine.i am very grateful they are big strong healthy babies and am hoping the next 2

fly by now lol

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kerrie,

Well done you for keeping them in there this long... I wouldn't always take the weights the hospital staff give you as gospel...

On a serious note though, surely there isn't much room left in the for them!!! Mine came early at 34 weeks as my waters just broke after a few hours of back ache!!! They weighed 5lb 2oz & 5lb 12oz...

Is there a particular reason you're having a section? If there is one piece of advise I could give you, if you can have them naturally, go for it... The recovery after a section is a long painful drawn out process... (Well it was for me anyway),,,

I hope you go in to labour very soon...

Good luck...

Sara x
  • Options
    hi sara,

thanks for the reply!the c-section is booked because lowest baby is breech!

i am hoping some kind of miracle happens and he turns,but i doubt

this would happen lol i have had 3 natural births,all of which were great

experiences so was looking forward to going through it again.the way

i have decided to look at it is i might end up in pain after the c-setion

and have a long recovery but as long as babies are ok i can live with the

pain.as for the weights i am hoping they are not too big but at least they

are ok,roll on labour is all i can say now lol

errie 37 + 0
  • Options
    hello

i had my twin boys 12 weeks ago at 37+3

i had a scan at 36 weeks and they told me that both babies were over 7 pounds - it freaked me out!!

Anyhows, they weighed 5lb and 5lb12oz, so not even close to their estimated weights!

xxx
  • Options
    Hi,

we're fairly close in weeks, these last few weeks are horrid aren't they! Feeling uncomfy and wanting them out but knowing its best for them to stay in as long as they can. I just keep telling myself that each day they can stay 'cooking' is one less day they may need in special care.

My breech twin did turn even though I was told is was unlikely but that was at the end of 30 weeks so were smaller then. So both mine are head down ready to go, I was told that I would feel it is she turned and I really did, my bump rose by a couple of inches and it made my skin really sore.

It's really interesting to read how wrong the estimated weights can be, at 34 weeks mine were estimated at 5lb 1oz & 4lb 15oz.

Anyway, not long to go now, fingers crossed the last few days go quickly for you

Lisa
    36+3