Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PND Kicked in really bad at 11 months

My boys (think ID) are nearly 1 (15 Sept) or 9 months corrected (they born 9 weeks early) most poeple know my story on this site or through FB) my boys have been diagnosed with mild Cerebral Palsy of the legs they dont yet sit, Milo has started crawling commando style Max doesnt really do much yet they still cry lots, They feed OK are pretty rubbish at sleeping at night. Anyway my depression really kicked in bad this week and i hit rock bottom, I also have a boy just turned 2. I get help through boys going into daycare 2 days a week and get help through Sure Start 1/2 a day. Well on MOnday got a meeting with loads of people to come up with a careplan for the boys. I really havent been coping well the last few weeks and me and hubby are getting desperate for some sleep. After 3 trips to the doctor, saw one doctor twice who told me i was just normal?!?!??!? the 2nd GP i saw was great and doubled my tablets referring me to a CPN. Loads more happening but wont bore you with that.

Replies

• Soda, I think your doing really well!! I know it may feel dark & difficult but I admire you for getting through this. Stay strong, it will work out in the end xxxx
  • I second that...I think you are amazing! You may not feel it at the moment, and I havent commented much on fb, but I thinks its really admirable that you knew that something wasnt right with your boys and you perservered, with little support, until someone finally listened.

I really hope Monday goes well, and I hope they offer you something that will HELP rather than something that just 'masks the problem' iykwim.

I cant begin to understand PND, and im not going to patronise you for trying (I know you have had lots of comments on fb which is part of the reason I havent). I just hope that hubby and you continue to stick together and see eachother through this. Remember, he will be struggling too, and as much as it is difficult, try and pull together, rather than push apart.

Lots and Lots of love and hugs, and please try not to be too hard on yourself

xxx
  • hi soda.
    my twins were born just two months before yours, and i have a 3 year old daughter.
    i have spoken to you on here before - don't know if you will remember?!
    i'm sorry to hear your boys have a problem with their legs. I understand how tired you are... with three kids of this age i find some nights they are all up one after the other, and its awful!
    i just wanted to say i'm think ing about you and hope you feel better soon. maybe the meeting is just what you need to get a bit more positive with a plan...
    i will be thinking of you tonight and at 5am this morninig when my 2 refuse to go back to sleep.
    xxx