Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

size of uterus (growth)

i know with a singleton pregnancy the measurement in centimeters is about the same as number of weeks. not sure about measurements with twins was measured at 18 weeks and was 25cm and now i am 27 weeks and measuring 39cm anyone know if these measurements sound about normal. im very confused
jade 27+2 double pink bump

Replies

• hey i was always told that by 28 weeks with twins, you would look and feel like carrying a full term single baby. so i would say that is about right, if you are 27 and measuring 39 weeks.
    i however am measuring only 32 weeks and am 28 weeks, people keep saying i am small and cant believe i am carrying twins and dont look like i am! i must admit i thought i would be alot bigger. doctor seems happy and both twins measuring spot on, so it must just be normal for me!
    xxx
    littlemiss
    28+4 twins
  • i had a mw appointment last week when i was 24+2 and i was measuring 30 weeks it sounds ok tho, you dont wanna be getting to big yet tho cuz you still got a few more weeks to go yet and will get pretty big, i keep thinkin i dont look as big as i thought i would but as long as the babies are fine then i wouldn't worry.

MummyD

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/dY32p1.png

• littlemiss - Im also very small, although I havent measured or been measured. How do you measure and where do you measure from and to?
  • midwife said you measure from the top to the bottom of your uterus (bump) and the measurement in centimeter should be the same as number of weeks gone you are in a singleton pregnancy.
  • I measured 40cm when I was 30 weeks. You measure from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus. I never managed to figure out where the top of my uterus was though and every midwife seems to do it slightly differently
  • Its normal with twin bump, uterus to be much bigger, i was always 5 weeks bigger each time! x