Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

jealousy

i have a son that will be 2 when my twins are due in Nov im not really worried about anything else at this presise minute just that how my son will react to the new arrivals im sure he will be fine and i might be worried about nothing but he's been pretty spoilt i would say, not by toys and treats but just by the amount of attention he gets he has my undivided attention just about 24hrs a day n we have lots of cuddles and are always playing so i dont want him to get jealous or dislike the new arrivals so how can i prevent jealousy or him not liking the twins?

thanks for any thoughts

Natalie
x x x
14+3

Replies

• Options
    HI natalie

My lo was just about to turn 2 when we had the girls and i too was a bit worried how she would react, i dont know why i was so worried from the moment they were born she was fab she adored them and couldnt do enough to help!

I made it clear to visitors that they had to speak to her first and not the girls and that she should introduce "her" twins and that seemed to work.

I also think that 2 is a bit young for jealousy and lo's will not remember being an only child!

xx
  • Options
    I think Sarah is right, if you make your son feel like he has the most special role going he should take the change well. Sorry I have no babies yet so can't offer tried & tested advice. Hope it goes ok for you x
  • Options
    Hi

My boys were younger when ds3 came along but they really did take it in their stride.

I prepared them by getting them to play different games like fetch me the toy where i sat on the sofa and they brought things to me, i know that sounds daft but i knew in the early days id be on the sofa bfeeding so want to get them used to it. aside i also got them used to climbing up to me for a cuddle as the risk of a section was higher so if i ended up with one (which i did) i didnt want them to suddenly have a new baby and no pick up cuddles if that makes sense.

agree with sarahncraig, just make sure all your family and friends know as i had ppl almost ignore the boys which was v infuriating.

also baby bought boys a pressent, that helped as first time they saw me with baby they had something really exciting.

xxDBxx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev346pf___.png

• Options
    Hi my lo was 21mons wen her baby sis arrivd n she adores her 2 bits. She got a gift from her sis at the hosp on the day baby was born n we made it clear 2 visitors 2 talk 2 her too n not jus make a fuss about the baby.
    Jus found out am preg on wed n my dd2 is only 7mons n she is so much hard work compared 2 her older sis, she craves 4 attention even wen i'v got 2 attend 2 dd1 even wen her dad is dere she wants us both 2 herself n dd1 is very understandin n says its cos she's a baby she doesn know how to share but will learn.
    We've tried almost everythin but she's so naughty n don no how she'll react wen d baby or babies arrive cos she'll only be 15mons. Hope its jus one a boy cos I don how I'll cope wit twins n 2 toddlers but will try 4 my twins 2-3yrs wen my little suprise arrives in 2010. Lol!!!
  • Options
    We too bought our lo a pressie from the twins when they were born her own "twins" with twin pram and she loved them and used to take them to the hospital to see the girls. The nurses also included her with things and bandaged her twins for her lol.

Also it was her birthday a couple of weeks after they were born so we had a little party at my mums for her with a few of her friends to make her feel special and bought her an electric car!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies thats given me some good ideas and ive stopped worrying now too thank you very much

Natalie
    14+5
    x x x x