Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

New here expecting twins in Aug

Hey all im Kat Mum to 3 girls on earth and angel macy moo in heaven , Im currently 15 weeks pregnant but have delivered my girls all before 37 weeks so midwife and consultan have said middle of aug at the latest which worries me a little being early

Replies

• Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome to twins. I am mum to 2 year old girl and 8 week old twin girls. My twins were born by elective section at 38+5 weeks because I had previous emergency section.A great bunch of girls on this forum and will help with any advice you are looking for. Middles of August would make you how many weeks (sorry its toolate to work out !!!)
  • Hi and congratulations,I'm 20+1 with twins today so due 4th Aug. Are yours id or non id?

I wouldn't worry too much about being a few weeks early,it seems that most of the twin mum's on here give birth between 31 and 38 weeks. The babies just need a little extra care.

How long have you known about your twins? Bit of a shock isn't it! I've got my 20w scan on Mon to find out the sexes,I can't wait!! If you need any help/advice don't hesitate to ask Kay xx
  • Welcome!

I have 8 wk old twin girls born at 36+6 and they were fine and needed no extra care at all.

I think if im right in august you'll be at least 35wks? So there really is so little to worry about at this stage, 36 wks everything is fully developed!

Em x
  • Hi Congrats hun!! I'm expecting non-id twin girls in June - can't wait but must admit i'm so uncomfortable carrying them at the mo image

Wishing you all the best in your pregnancy!

xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png

• Congratulations on your twins!

I'm due with ID twins in June but delivery planned for 30-32 weeks so will be having them late April/early May

All the best with your pregnancy

Amy 25+2
    xxx
  • hello,congratulations,i have a 23month old son and 11wks old twins a boy and a girl,like the other ladies said i wouldnt worry too much,my 23month old son was 5wks early and he was only in a incubator for 2 days but we were in hospital for 5 days,the twins were born 9wks early and stayed in for 5wks,your gonna be in for lots of fun :lol:

sarah
  • Hi

Congrats on your pg are they id or non id?

3 girls must be lovely im ttc no 4 and wld love a girl. Im sorry to hear about Macy but sure she will be looking over your pregnancy x

I understand your worry as always delivering early when did your girls arrive? Ive got id boys just turned 2 (and 7 month old singleton) and they were only 5 weeks early so it wasnt too bad but a good friend had her boys at 25 weeks and they are now 23 months and doing fab.

Anything i can help you with just shout

xxDBxx
  • Hey there, congratulations the girls on here are fab any questions just fire away or if you just want to have a moan then feel free lol.

I have 8 month non id twin girls who were born at 33 +4 they were in scbu for 3 weeks but were fine other than jaundice and feeding!!

Good luck and look forward to all the stupid questions people ask when they are born like are they twins!!!! xx
  • Hi Kat - I'm Sara, mum to 23 month old boy and 19 week old non id twin boys... I am also a mum to two angels in heaven (or possibly 4 if they were twins!!!)

Welcome, the girls on here are fabulous, I don't get time to comment on lots of posts, but I always read them...

In my opinion, twins are easier than a singleton!!! My lo is a nightmare, has never slept through the night, has a temper and is so naughty... My twins are good as gold, easy peasy...

Good luck... I had a section at 34 weeks when my waters broke but nothing else happened...

I've now had 2 sections, so no more children for me, can't go through that again...

Would love a houseful though...

Sara x