Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeding routine help

Hi,
I'm a mum of 8 month old twins and I'm needing a little advice on their feeding schedule. I introduced solids about 3 months ago, they now have three small meals a day with their breakfast, lunch and dinner bottles, and then a bottle at bedtime. My concern is that they don't seem to be increasing the amount of food they eat, they still have about half a small jar each per feed.
Am I doing the right thing by giving solids and bottle at the same time?
Also, should I be giving them finger food during the day, and if so, what finger foods are best?

I have friends who have singletons and they leave two hours between bottle and food, i.e. they are offering baby something every two hours of the day. I don't know if that's practical with twins, as it seems like I would be constantly feeding image

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Heather

Replies

• Options
    If your babies are happy with what you are giving them I would just continue the way you are, all babies are different and they will let you know if they want/need more than they are getting xx
  • Options
    Hello Heather

I have 8 month twin girls (7 weeks prem) and started weaning them about 3 months ago.

My girls have just this week gone onto 3 meals per day. Here is the routine we have but like Claire said each baby to their own and if its working for you i wouldnt change it!!

8am - Bottle (7oz - normally take about 4oz now though!!)
    10am - Breakfast - one weetabix each with cows milk
    11am - nap for about an hour
    12ish - bottle (7oz)
    2ish - lunch either puree or this week have tried them on finger foods, well actually they helped themselves to other lo's when i was out of the room so thought well ok yu may as well!!
    6pm - Dinner either puree or a jar just moving onto stage 2 jars today!
    7pm - Bottle
    7.30-8 Bedtime

Welcome over here anyway everyone on here is really nice so if you just want to have a moan or have questions fire away and one of the nice ladies will be able to help xx