Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gift advice

Hi girls,

A girl I work with is currently pregnant with ID twin girls.

I'm hoping you all will have come advice on a good gift for her? As I would love to get her something really useful.

Is there anything you didn't have when you brought babies home and wished you had? Or anything you couldn't live without?

Any opinions at all will be gratefully received!!

Thanks all image x

Replies

• Options
    I don't think there was anything particularly twin related.......

The best things or most appreciated things when we'd just had the twins were tesco vouchers sounds really naff but it meant we could buy nappies and milk etc.

Sorry probably not much help....
    Lilac*
    xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    For us, just the normal things you'd buy any baby really.

I'd say don't buy any prem/tiny baby clothes as they grow out of them so quickly. I was very grateful to those who bought 0-3 clothes as they lasted the longest. I also didn't really dress the girls in outfits until they were a few weeks old as babygros were easier, so didn't really need any tiny outfits.

The girls did get a little comforter each and a toy for their carseat (Jellykitten ones). They were nice to receive as we didn't buy many toys and they still have the comforters in their cots now

Just to add, the other thing I really like is, people who know me well, know that I like the girls to wear "similar but not the same". They always make a real effort to not just buy 2 identical things which I always appreciate. I know it sounds silly but, as a twin mum, it's really important to me!

HTH
    xx

xx
  • Options
    Hey god i didnt have a sling when i came home with the girls and they both liked to be picked up and carried arund which meant i had no spare hands my mum bought me a sling and i loved her so much for it at least it meant that i had a spare hand! Ppl probly wouldnt buy a slibng for a single baby but for the twins it was awsome! Also what the other mums said is great vouchers are invaluable but obv impersonal a bit aswell just depends how well you know her if you know if shes planning on dressing them the same or different then you coulod get clothes but defo go for older clothes! xxx
  • Options
    i got these for my sister ,fab if u know the twins names and there both one sex ...if not i got different ones for my friends ill post pics below

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs484.ash1/26489_411222647173_148024902173_5016969_6629321_n.jpg

miss the advert!! these are the ones i got my neices image

i cant find the picture of the one i got my friend but very simalar xxxxxxx
  • Options
    here is a pic of one of the ones i got for my friend ,there really lovely ..its little gems on face book image

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19254_296920657173_148024902173_4476425_6852164_n.jpg

• Options
    Chuffedbaby - excellent find! She has picked names already so those sleepsuits are a great option, having trouble finding the facebook page though, but I'm a bit thick when it comes to FB!

Depending on cash, being on SMP myself, I'll add either a sling or some vouchers. Thanks so much everyone for your suggestions - I just felt really conscious that what I needed for one baby might not reflect what she will need for two