Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Ive had my 28wk Scan!

It was fine! Both girls right on target (growth wise) for a singleton pregnancy!

Best new is..............twin 2 has turned and now are both head down!!

Also twin 2 (if you remb had dialted kidneys at 24wks) but they have not dilated anymore, and has she has grown, the conditions better, if you see what i mean, there now in more proportion to her.

Also had my Anti-D Injection and my arms's still dead as a door nail!!

Saw my consulatant who again, ran over a few things (birth wise), and realised i may potentially only see them again at 32 and 36 wks. We agreed I will be induced before 38wks, if i dont go into labour, so I will be seeing my twins, no later than 29th Jan.

This is not so relavant, but I am allergic to lots of pain-killers including Morphine and its linked to Pethidene (sp?), so found out today I cant have that during labour.

Apart from that my iron was still low and i got a ticking off for refusing my iron tablets as the constipation they give me is so sever, i cant stand it! So I am currently trying the Iron water (as it apparently as no side effect), however they said if I dont increase my iron levels fast, during labour if I bleed a lot, I will be high risk for a transfusion....?! Does anyone no anything on this???

Thanks
Em x
28+0

Replies

• Glad you got all good news today. I have been taking Spatone liquid iron since the beginning (well I do forget lot of days) it is fine and does not cause constipation. Did they give you an approx weight for each twin ? I had my 30 week growth scan today and Have posted it seperately.