Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

How far gone were you when you found out you were pregnant?

Hey all

I was 3 weeks when I found out I was pregnant. 3 pregnancy tests returned a positive result. I was wondering if this is an indication of a multiple pregnancy? When did you find out?
Thanks
xx

Replies

• 17 days after my ivf treatment. My tummy had already changed shape before that thou....glad I was pregnant & not just getting fatter! haha.
  • Ha, I know I am bloated now - friends are starting to ask. Keep saying Im eating more. x
  • i was 6wks when i found out i was pregnant,i was 7wks when i found out i was having twins as i had a fresh bleed,i started showing about 6wks aswell but i put that down to it been my second pregnancy and you show quicker when its your second but i had no symptoms

sarah
  • I was 4 weeks pregnant when I did my first test, did another 3 after that cos couldn't believe it :lol: and yes they all said clear 'positives'

I have been told that when it is twins the hormones are stronger and therefore would give a 'clearer' result however i've no idea how soon a single pregnancy would show on a pregnancy test sorry!

Anyway, good luck, let us know! xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png

[Modified by: snowangel on May 12, 2009 04:50 PM]

• I tested at 4 wks. x
  • i tested at three weeks i didnt wait til af was due i was to impatient as we were activley trying but with lo i tested at about 5 or 6 weeks as we weren't trying really and i was a day late (not normally late tho). at about 8 weeks i woke up one morning with this little bump n think i just knew cuz i remember from first time your fundus (top of your womb) doesnt appear out top of you pelvis til about 12 weeks n i was 8, just had to wait til my scan to confirm it but i still just thought i was being daft
  • Thanks girls, I will let you all know. I just have this feeling that Im havng twins. Very strange! I will let you all know! x
  • question to crilly -
    why did you only get a scan at 20 weeks?
    i thought we all had to have a 12 week scan....

you did not have very long to get used to the idea did you?

i found i was peggers at a bout 3 weeks.
    but had a major stress out as i was taking lots of antibiotics for bronchitus at the time!
  • Hey i was 3 and a half months when i found out i was pregnant x