Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

When did you feel your twins move?

Hi all,

I've just been wondering when you normally feel movement with twins? Is it earlier than with single pregnancies? I'm only 15+1 so i'm not expecting anything yet really but with dd i think i felt her move at around 19wks & have heard that you feel 2nd/3rd babies move earlier??
Think i'm just over anxious really, it seems like ages since my 12wk scan now & think i just really want reassurance that both babies are still ok. I have 16wk mw appt next week so hope i get to hear the hb's then.
I can just imagine when i do start to feel movement that i'll be a nervouse wreck trying to keep track of if both babies are moving enough!! Is it easy to tell which twin is moving?
Ahh think i just need to try & stop thinking!!

Hope everyone is well xx

Replies

• I felt the twins move at 16wks image Mostly at night the lil demons haha even before they were born they didnt sleep at night lol image I know it seems ages doesnt it but it must be weird for you though having more scans after your single pregnancy im gunna be demented lol image Im used to being scaned every month and all of a sudden i only get scanned twice what lol image
    In the beginning it was hard to know which twin it was but as they got bigger and the movements were stronger i could generally tell which was which lol image Easier apparently with fraternal twins than ID but i have ID so i couldn't be sure about that image
    Just try not to stress about it im sure the twins are ok they would let you know if they wernt im sure =D
    Good luck at your 16wk app
    x.x.x
    http://lb2f.lilypie.com/j5MA.png

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/aU5Y.png

• I didn't feel my twins until 20 wks!! They were/are my first!! x
  • in theory you do normaly feel the second or more pregnancies earlier,i felt the flutters from 8wks but try and not worry later in the pregnancy too,as i was scared stiff,as one baby would move all the time for about a week and i would feel nothing from the second baby and then it would turn around,loads of movement from the baby who was just laid back and nothing from the other baby,dont forget there is very little room in your belly for 2 babies image as regards to which twin is moving,if you know which way they are laying then yes you can tell but again dont forget they move about and stuff,they do like to play tricks on you and i gues thats only the start of things,there giving you a warning of the fun to come :lol:

sarah
  • My twins were my second succesuful PG too, i started feeling flutters around 11 weeks and then distinctive kicks around 13, hubby felt them kick at 16 weeks- fairly early but as you say 2nd PG you do tend to feel things earlier and 1st time round i felt flutters at around 15/16 weeks.

As for telling the movements apart you generally can once they are a little bigger and you know their positions and characters.

Don't be surprised if you generally have one more active than the other or you think u can't feel one there will be legs and arms everywhere so it can be difficult to tell sometimes!

Goodluck

Lilac*
    Jack & poppy 9+6 weeks
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Oooh that's really interesting that most of you have felt movement quite early! Over the last few days i have thought that in the evenings i have been feeling something but didn'twant to get too excited if it's just wind lol! Maybe it is my little babies afterall???
    Thanks for all the info ladies. xx
  • I felt flutters at 16 weeks... felt them kicking at about 20 weeks image x