Bunty1975

Hi just wondering how you are doing?

Replies

• hi!
    Thanks for messaging me!
    I have had my twins!

Little boy = twin 1 = 7lb 4oz
    Little girl = twin 2 = 6lb

I went for induction, and spent two days with MAD contractions, sucking like a good un on gas and air...pethidine to make me sleep thru the night. (i managed 4 hours) and then ended up having an emergency c-section!

lil boy twin spent a day in neo natal as he had breathing problems, but girl twin is a tough little cookie! We were in for 4 days - and then i came home - but this week is the 1st time i feel up to sitting on the computer for long stretches! (twins are two weeks old today!)

They wake for feeding every two hours in the night - and their 2 year old sister is besotted!!!! they are smoothered with kisses and hugs from the moment she gets up - which is lovely - but sometimes a tad ROUGH!

after a natural birth that i had last time i thought a c-section would be hell on earth...
    but its not that bad....
    i would do it again. i was out of bed after 24 hours. and i could walk around quite well - lesson learned - do not believe evil friends who tell you c-sect horror stories!
    i am not well enough to go out.. but enjoying my new babies at home. Feel like i am in the big brother house - the fartherest i have got yet is the back garden!

Hope you have all been well, and will go and read about you lot know!

big hugs
    Bunty
  • Glad all are well, and that they were good sizes, How are you feeding them?, what did you call them? keep us updated. I have my detailed scan on Monday (21weeks) and went back to work yesterday just doing 12 days a month, luckly I have 6 days hol in August and then will use the rest of my hol up before finishing. Late due date given 15 Nov. My little boy 10 1/2 months is have a great time with childminder so that is a weight off my mind, and she is good as she will take him for the odd half hour or so or go down to baby groups with him as a friend. Anyway so happy for you, I reckon i'm having a boy and girl.
  • Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy and girl. Best wishes tou you all. Look forward to reading the answers to soda's questions too xx
  • i am bottle feeding...
    Lil Lad went straight down to neo natal after the c-section. He was the bigger twin but had breathing problems.
    Whilst there he had 4 cup feeds of formula. we were reunited 24 hours later - by which time he had decided that cups are the way to go - no matter how hard i tried he was just not going to breast feed. After 2 days of trying i gave in and let him have the bottle.
    Then they were both diagnosed with Jaundice - and had to go on to the photo therapy tables. Apparantly to get the jaundice out quicker babies need to have lots of fluids going thru their systems. To give them both the best chance of recovering quicker i decided to bottle feed them both then.
    for me its the best descision, as
    1. i can take more pain killers (oh the relief!)
    2. hubbie can help with feeds (mmm- the sleep in the night!)
    3. both babies are now following the same feed routine - which will be easier for us in the long run!

when i had my first baby she aslo would not breast feed. i beat myself up - and felt guilty for ages, but this time round i feel chilled - not cheated!

i am finding 2nd time mommy hood much less stressful - so if i were you Soda i would not worry. In fact it might be easier with a smaller age gap - as our biggest problem is the terrible 2 year old playing with our twins.. She thinks they a re living baby bjorns - and has her fingers in their eyes and mouths - and has even tried sharing her crisps with them!!!
    If she was just a little younger i think she would be less interested!

see you all soon,
    bunt
    x
  • Take it you have no names as yet? You are the second person to say my age gap might be better. Good for you feeding them what is best for them and yourself.
    and not stressing out over it, they wouldnt have formula if it was no good, and thousands/millions of babies do just fine on it. Like you say bottle feeding definately has its advantages. What formula are you using? Glad you all doing well.
  • hiya

we are using aptimil formula!
    all still going well with feeding.

today 2 year old head butted one twin... its the first time ever she has been put in a naughty corner...
    felt bad - but had to set the boundaries somehow.
    we followed what super nanny tells you to do.

she is not being really being naughty - but just does not see to comprehend that the twins can feel pain. to her they really are living dolls, and she has never been espeacially gentle with her dollies! i have really tried b4 birth of twins playing with dolls like they are babies - but my lil girl is just a bit to young to understand properly i think. also she is at that difficult terrible twos stage. which really does seem to involve lying on the floor and screaming like a banshee! beng a big sister and a terrible 2 have unfortunately happened all at once!