Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Its Boys

Had scan today 21+2 weeks. Had this scan in different hospital (the hospital I will have to deliver in) as i had a detailed scan, due to where I live i can go to either hospital for my appointments. The girl doing the scan and the consultant both agreed that they believe them to be identical, at previous scan she thought they were non identical. Has anyone else had this before?!?! I believe that it can sometimes be dificult to tell. I am going to have to have a scan every two weeks to make sure that they are developing OK. At scan today they were both active and well, and good sizes.

Replies

• Congratulations!! Great news about size/activety!

I am hoping to find out at my 12wk scan on 23/07 if mine are id or non id, but now you have thrown a spanner into the works?!
  • I had scan at 12 weeks where they said it is twins, then scan at 15 weeks where they said one was a boy and they were non id but she did take ages trying to find the second placenta, but today she said due to the size of the placenta and the sac seperating which was very thin they were sure they were id, it very confusing, (she was going to get hold of previous scan pictures), that is why they going to scan every two weeks to check on their development, but I assume they wont know for sure until they are born, something to do with after so many weeks it is too hard to tell (i think).
  • Congratulations Soda... Were your boys in seperate sacs then??? At my 12 week/Nuchal scan, I was told that they "thought" they could see 2 placentas but they weren't sure... But as they were in seperate sacs they said they would be non id...

We are hoping for 2 boys, so am very jealous!!! Have you decided on names then???

I'm only 16+4 but can't wait for my scan...

Sara x
  • They just said that sac seperating them was very thin and placenta was very thin did not have previous scan pictures to look back as that was different hospital. I confused, will ask more questions at next scan. No names yet only stupid suggestions ie tom and jerry, bill and ben!?!?
  • hi soda
    what about jack and daniels?!!!!
    congratulations on your two little boys!
    big hug
  • i was led to believe that one placenta means that they came from same egg that created twins meaning they are id. 2 eggs creating two placenta meaning non id. xx
    :roll:

[Modified by: maille on July 10, 2008 12:25 PM]