Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

cars . . .

Hello,

We need to replace our car for when we have our twins and dd. We thought we could trade our vw golf in for a touran. But, when we went to look at it the salesperson was useless! It seems that they cannot say that any vw is officially safe to put 3 car seats in. Some further research on the net showed that my dd's current car seat won't go safely in the middle seat.

So, we're looking at anything and everything! We don't have a huge budget & would prefer a payment scheme.

Any suggestions please!!!!

Thank you

Lisa 16+5

Replies

• Hi Loopy Loo, I have just bought a vauxhall zafira as I have a 15 month old and twins on the way, so 7 seats were a good idea just in case.....! I looked at lots of diffrent cars and found that only one or two cars have actually got 3 proper seats in the back.

You can pick up second hand zafiras quite cheap, and have lots of room for your push chairs and shopping. check the other chats further down the list because I found some good advice on here.
  • No twins but i have 3 children all in car seats, we have a ford galaxy which is brilliant and we used to have a vauxhall zafire aldo brill. xx
  • that's the trouble isn't it chrissiem, finding one with 3 proper seats!

thanks to you both image
  • We've got a honda CR-V and a citron xara/picasso..

The picasso has three seats which we needed as we have the twins in car seats and isofix bases and a 4 yrd old in a booster seat/back, the 3 seats are perfect and means you can reach buckles etc easily.

The honda doesn't have 3 individual seats but is safe and the manufature recommended it for fitting 3 seats as its wider, thou it is a bit more snug in the back.

Good luck car hunting it is hard finding one when u might not have all the seats yet with you to test space! xx
  • I have 3 year old and 16 month old twins and I have Citroen Picasso and love it !!!

3 full seats at the back and nice high drive, Large boot and lots of storage.

Love it & recommend x
  • have a look at the Nissan Qashquai +2. i've just ordered the standard model as have twins on the way but the +2 would be ideal for you if you need to fit 3 children. they are very reasonably priced, great to drive and lots of boot space.
  • Hi,
    We've got a Mazda 5, it's a 7 seater. The 3 middle seats have 2 with Isofix, the middle of those is only a spare, although it does have a proper 3 point seat belt. The back 2 seats also have the 3 point seat belt system so they are suitable for car seats. The boot is massive when not using the back 2 seats, but you can just use one of these seats at a time so it makes it handy if you need some boot space. We've had ours for 3 years now and love it. xx
  • thanks,

I saw a citroen piccasso in a car park today with 3 big car seats in the back - does it have 3 isofix points?

My dd's car seat is isofix but can be 'normal', the baby seat we already have doesn't but the one we're being lent has got an isofix base. At least we have 2 of them already to try out! (The third we're waiting for my friends baby to grow out of, lol which should happen before the twins are born!
  • I have a vauxhall Zafira + it's brilliant you can opt for the full seven seats if you wish... but then you lose your boot space fully or you can just have have up 1 additional seat in the boot + leave the other one down, Which will give you more boot space...x
  • Yes 3 isofix points -!!

(unfortunately I only discovered this after purchasing 2 normal! car seats!)
  • thanks - that's handy to know.
    Isofix car seats are so expensive, my dd only got one because we managed to get hers for half price from a store that was closing down.
  • Hi, me and my husband have just been to our local v-w dealer and we are expecting triplets and was looking at the Sharan wich is better than the touran and is iso-fix compatible as well, with 7 seats that you can remove, very versatile.

Alternatively try and find a Honda FR-V as this would be perfect as it is 3 seats up front and 3 in the back and still has enough room for 2 buggys/shopping. the front centre seat can be folded down and used as a drinks tray and arm rest. its not as big as the vw so is more like the Zafira.

Only problem is that honda website doesn't list them as an availible vehicle in the country but dealers would be able to tell you better.