Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Help- litterally at the end of my teather!

Our twins are now 1yrs, boy/girl and the little girl is litterally driving me mad!

She's increadibly clingy and has to be with me constantly through out the day other wise we have winging which escalates into crying, paddy etc etc.

If it was one baby this would be at least managable but with her twin plus, a 5yr old, chores etc i do not have enough hands to cope and as much as i hate to admit it patientance to cope!

to add to this she isn't the best sleeper (could probably count the times she's slept through on my fingers..)and does not go down well we tend to spen the whole evening going up & down constant crying etc..

I just don't know what to do for the best anymore normal sleeping methods don't seem to work- can't leave her to cry it out for long otherwise she'll wake her brother, PU/PD is useless???

And the clingyness??? What can i do??

Any advice would be welcome.

xxxxx

Replies

• with your little girl,have you tried putting her down and walk out the room but say,i will be back in a few seconds and then walk back in the room and do this quite a few times,i feel your pain as one would be clingy and then they would swap over,they did get better and did stop been clingy,the only time there clingy now is when there not very well,i do feel your pain as my little girl is a very good sleeper but my little boy is'nt,he his getting better though,they have just turned 2 today and i have to admit that sometimes when he wakes in the night,i give him some milk and that normaly does the trick,older brother was a bad sleeper,then when he turned 2 he stopped,so iam hoping younger brother will do the same
  • Thanks for replying hun.

I've tried the walking away and saying mummy will be right back but she just follows crying. I can get her to play with siblings if i join in to(which i love) but if i get up or back off she'll realise and follows immeadiatly!

I do the milk thing or water well offer it and she'll just scream refusing, obviously i check bum etc but its just nothing and she wont settle....urgh i don't know i guess we'll work it out.

xxxx