Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I really need some advice and hopefully some sleep!!!! My twin boys are now four months old and have always shared a cot, this seemed to work well in the beginning as boys were feeding 2 hourly and together.

However although the boys are going much longer between feeds Max still wakes an awful lot during the night and this in turn wakes Milo who i'm sure would pretty much sleep through if not disturbed. Space is limited and could do without having to put another cot up but i'm getting desperate for some sleep and will try anything, not really sure what Max is waking for but is extremely difficult to settle back to sleep waking everyone up in the process he has always been much more demanding than Milo and i feel so guilty that i seem to spend so much more time with Max,

So really any advice would be great please tell me that twins do eventually sleep through!!!

Lenniex

Replies

• poor you,i would deffo try and put them in there own cots as that might help,one of my twins girl,she sleeps trow a lot,the twin boy,he sometimes wakes up tere 2 now but it is getting better,have you got anyone who could come in the day and help out for a few hours while you have a sleep,other than that i would try and sleep when tey do in the day
  • Thanks for your reply i am going to seperate them and see if this helps, i would love to be able to go back to bed in the day but i also have a 21 month old, trying to get two asleep at the same time is not easy, three is impossible!!! lol!!

I'm sure things will improve
  • i deffo feel your pain,my DS1 was 20months old when i had the twins,cant you get a nanan to look after your son while you get your head down
  • Hi,

We had to separate ours in the early weeks as they slept better separately & now at 3 months they are in their own cots in our room. (till then one was in the moses basket. We have put some of our furniture in their room which is totally worth the better nights sleeps.

Our little girl usually sleeps through now & our boy is improving, he slept till 5.45 this am image and thats at nearly 13 weeks.

I can sympathise with not getting to rest during the day as I have a 2 year old too and the twins usually need feeding or want to play while she naps.

Hope all else is going well with you & your little ones

Lisa