Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what age gap did you have between having twins and third baby??

We have 15 month old twins and would like a third baby eventually. Not right now, but in the next couple of years.

Just out of interest what age gap would you say was best for a third baby after having twins. Thinking practical thoughts re car seats, prams etc!!

xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Well my opinion would be a little while longer yet, when potty trainings done, and there in big beds, not using a pram, and maybe even close to going to school age I think, then most hurdles will of been crossed before you add a 3rd or 4th (twins again, lol) baby.

My girls are 2 next week. x
  • Options
    I really want a third baby. Always wanted three children. I really am unsure of what age gap to leave.I was thinking two-three, but worried about twins again.

Has anyone had more than one multiple birth?

xxxx
  • Options
    i had a singleton pregnancy first and they is 20 months between them,if i had known i was having twins next then,yes i would have waited a little longer :lol: and since you have had twins,there is more of a cance that you will have twins again
  • Options
    I will be reading this thread with interst. My twins are 13 months and I would like another when they are around 3 but I am not sure if waiting until they are 4 would be wiser.

If you have non identical twins the chance of another set is higher than in the normal population but if they are identical I dont think there is an increased chance.
  • Options
    There is 18 months between my first (singleton) and my twins!!! Its pure hell!!!!!

If i'd known I would have twins second time round, I may have waited a few more years...

Maybe once they start preschool it would be a good time to start trying again???

To be perfectly honest from my point of view only, if the twins came first, I wouldn't have had another...

It'll be worth it when they are older and can look after me!!!

Sara xxx
  • Options
    g/c front front page!

Just wanted to say my cousin had twins and then fell pregnant 5 months later..........with twins!! So she had 4 under 2!!

I also have 2 friends who are twins with twin older brothers!
  • Options
    Hi girls, thank you all for your replies.

I definitely agree with you twin-princesses, schoool is probably where we will aim at. My sister gets married sept 2012, when the boys will be 3. So we may start trying shortly after then.

Phat-Sue, how does your cousin do it with 2 sets of twins, one set is hard enough! She must be like supermum!!!

xxx
  • Options
    Phat Sue - OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    I might join you, lol. I'd love another, most of the time i think its a good idea, but then I worry re: a 2nd set, mine are non-id and i sure I over ovulate (if that's the right terminology), lol. So think will have to wait another year before i/we decide. x