Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

My twins have arrived

My twin boys were born early at 35 weeks 3 days on the 16th January. Hayden William (5 lb 12) and Jared Christopher (5lb 9)

They came very quickly and I ended up giving birth naturally even though Hayden was breech.

Soon after birth Jared was having difficulty breathing and it turns out that his oesophagus was not properly formed and the bottom part was joined to his wind pipe instead of to the top part. He had difficulty breathing and no way of feeding. He had to have an op when he was less than 24 hours old and is currently in NICU.

I stayed in the hospital for a week with Hayden and now we are home but Jared s still in NICU 50 miles away

He has been paralysed for the last week to try and avoid bursting his internal stitches as the join was very tight. We will find out tomorrow whether the op has worked.

Replies

• Congratulations!

Great to hear that you are home with Hayden. Crossing my fingers that your other little one is all ok. It must have been so hard to go through that when they are still so tiny. You and your little ones must be so brave!

Thinking of you

xxx
  • congratulations, lovely names.

Glad you are home with Hayden, sorry Jared is so far away.

How is he getting on now, I guess it's been a couple of days since you found out if the op worked? xxx
  • Congratulations on your new arrivals.

Hope Jared is doing ok after his op. xx
  • Thanks for your replies. Yes Jared's op has worked and there are no leaks, he is now up to 15ml of expressed milk per hour through a tube. He has a chest infection and they are concerned that he either has a swollen vein from the op or part of his lung is collapsed. They will do a more detailed scan at the end of the week so more waiting. We are in for the long haul and it feels like 1 step forward and 1 step back at the minute
  • glad his 1st op has worked and he's taking some EBM

hope his chest infection clears quickly, keep us updated on his progress xx