Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

VBAC vs c-sec with twin toddlers to think about

Hi

I'm currently 36 weeks and was hoping to have this baby by VBAC. I have 2 1/2yr old twin toddlers and my main motivation for VBAC was to be home with the twins asap after delivery and an easier recovery than post c-sec.

Problem is that I've found out in the last few days that my baby is quite big. Had a growth scan this week which estimated her weight at 7lb 6oz already (I know estimation from an u/s scan could be v. inaccurate) but I could be looking at delivering a 9 - 10lb baby (eek). As I'm only 5'2" and very petite (except for my currently huge bump) I'm really having second thoughts about VBAC. When the midwife at the hospital this week started mentioning assisting delivery with forceps / ventouse that has really put the frighteners on me as the last thing I need is horrible difficult labour with an emcs at the end anyway.

My family all think I'm mad considering VBAC and my husband is trying to leave me to make my own decision whilst really encouraging me to have another c-sec. Thing is I know that when it comes to the crunch all the help I'll need following a c-sec will be there for the first few days and then vanish into thin air after the novelty wears off of a new baby - if you know what I mean!

Any advice would be welcome as no-oone in my famly has any experience either of toddler twins or VBAC / c-sec.

Thanks!

Replies

• they used forceps when i was havin twins and tbh it wasnt that bad,it wasnt a horrible difficult labour,i had a epidural and becouse i couldnt feel the contratcions i couldnt give it my all in pushing,so after a few hours of puhsing they said they was getting concerned and wanted to use forceps again tbh i didnt really care just as long as they were both safe and sound,(there were 9wks early,so they wanted them out as quick as poss) anyway the labour from start to finish was 6 1/2hours,i had no stitchers