Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Newbie - advice please.

Hi Ladies,

I found out yesterday at an early scan that i'm expecting twins, not a great surprise as I was on clomid - but very happy to say the least.

While i'm over the moon and very excited, my morning/all day sickness seems to be getting worse every day - I am only 6+5 so have a long road ahead. I'm trying to eat well for my babies but today have not managed to keep anything down including fluids. I've got sea bands and have tried ginger, but neither seem to be helping at the moment.

Has anyone got any suggestions??

xxxx

Replies

• i was lucky as i didnt have any symptoms when i was having the twins but when i had a singleton pregnancy i had them all,the only thing that worked for me was eating dry crakers 30mins before i got up and on both pregnancies i mostly lived n plain jacket spuds for the first few months

congrats
  • hello and congrats! My twins were Clomid twins and I felt sooo sick from very early on too.

I tried ginger, plain biscuits etc but they didn't work for me.

I just ate plain potatoes, apples & veg soup when I could and honestly not much else. I was very worried I wouldn't be giving the babies enough nutrician to develop well so took pregnacare vitamins, I lost weight very quickly (am slightly overwieght anyway) but the babies are fine.

I tried the Morning Well tape (google it, can often buy second hand on ebay) and don't know if it helped and it sure is weird but I listened to it a lot in those first 16 weeks thinking it had to be worth a shot cos did no harm if no good.

Some days you'll wonder what on earth you're doing you feel so rough, but they certainly are worth every single bit of sickness.

REST REST AND REST is my best advice...

Good luck

xxx
  • I had hyperemisis for 15 weeks- i couldn't keep anything down, whatever i tried. I ended up in and out of hospital.

I would say visit your doc or hospital if it gets worse. They will test for keytones in your we (your body breaking down protiens) . If you have them they will give you uv fluids.

I also was on a mix of anti sickness drugs prescribed from the hospitals to help keep some fluids and bits of food down.

I lost 1.5 stone in the firts 15 weeks because of it - so defo worth getting checked out!

xxx