Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Am i expecting twins?

I feel really stupid posting this, but really need some advice...

I have 2 children, a boy & a girl, & am 7 weeks pregnant now. This pregnancy feels so different already. I am huge. I look about 4/5 months preg. I sleep for at least 12 hours at night and normally need to nap during the day aswell. I am exhausted. My back is in agony and even my ribs are hurting, i have nausia too. I didnt experience any of these symptoms with my last pregnancies so im just a bit confused. Twins run in my side of the family, and i have carried but miscarried triplets before.

I just wondered if you could give me some signs/symptoms of expecting twins?

Thank you xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

I'm carrying twins but as this is my fist pregnancy I dont know any different, however I have had severe sickness to the point where thet were ready to admit me due to dehydration but bed rest and sleeping helped keep the water down and I eventually became hydrated again. I've flu and low blood pressure and am now getting mirgaines on a weekly basis which have put me in bed for days at a time. Backache and sciatica have also been a daily pain.

When we havea re 13 weeks scan we found out there was two and when i rang my midwife she said that she did think there was a possiblity as i have been soo ill.

However, I also have had some friends whom have been as ill as me with a single baby. Only a scan will be able to confirm it.

Good luck xxx
  • Options
    Iam afraid the only way is a scan but with every pregnancy you will shoe earlier,my singleton pregnancy i had every symtom but my twin pregnancy i had no symptoms what so ever and you will be bound to be tired lookin after 2 kiddies but keep us updated image
  • Options
    I had extreme sickness from four weeks - had three stays in hospital (between 2 and 5 nights a time) by the time I was 12 weeks pregnant. I was being sick at least 20 times a day, to the point i was sicking up blood because my stomach was so raw. I had a scan at 5.5 weeks and fouind out I was having twins.Had to stay on meds until I was 20 weeks when things calmed down.

Twins run in the family and i'm a twin so i kind of expected it when the sickness started, but was still surprised! Scan is the only real way of knowing.

xxx
  • Options
    I think you just have to wait and see as frustrating as that sounds. I have twins and I didn't even feel pregnant initially - boobs didn't hurt, no sickness, etc so it was all a bit of a shock - especially as I suffered more with my (single) third baby! Whatever happens, good luck! image
  • Options
    I'm afraid only the scan will tell but I was quite sick and fairly small for ages when I was expecting my twins but had a huuuuge belly and was really sick when I had my single baby.

xx
  • Options
    Hi, im carrying twins. I had a feeling I was. I have 3 others and like you I felt huge, and soooo tired. A scan will be the only way you will know for sure. I had a scan at 6 weeks but they could only see one. Now 12 weeks there is definately 2 babies in there!!!! x