Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeding twins together

Am looking for advice on how to go about bottle feeding my 8wk twin girls at the same time. At the moment we are feeding them about an hour apart.

Thanks

Replies

• when i used to do mine,lucky for me when they were in scbu for 5wks the hospital got them in a 4 hour feeding routine,i would try and leave one about 10-15mins later and the other one 10-15 mins earlier untill you are doing it at the same time and i used to stick them in there bouncy chairs and feed them together and when it was the night feed i used to stick them both between my legs,so there heads was resting on my knees (hope that makes sence) and feed them that way
  • I did the same. It makes it so much easier!

xxx
  • ive heard and see on tv, where mums get one of those bent pillows and lay both babies up against is and feed them at the same time. or in bouncy chairs. You can also use the pillow in bed. Good luck image xxx
  • Hi,

I also used the bouncy chairs. I found it much easier to put them up on the sofa and sit in the middle of them. So much easier on your back than bending down to do it.

Also, I got them in a routine by waking the other when one woke up for a night feed. Mine are 6 months old now and eat and sleep at the same time.

Good luck xx
  • Hi

My twin boys are 10 weeks so we are about the same stage as you. We have only had both of them at home for the last 3 weeks and are still trying out different ways to find what works best for us. I have been using a v-shaped pillow and it has been getting easier although still find it easier to feed them separately but obviously takes up more time. I am going to try bouncy chairs soon now that Jared is breathing better in a seated position (he had to have an op on his wind and food pipe)

Sorry I'm not much help but nice to know someone is at the same stage xx
  • hi i put mine in there bouncy chair and sat in middle of them both and fed them that way and on a nite i used to use mu long body pillow and put the in-front of me and lay there head on that so they were facing me so they were facing me and prop them up a bit using my long body pillow and fed them that way i got my long body pillow from dunelm mill for about a tenner they were cheapest place i cud find one hope this helps ya