Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Pram Advice

Hi Ladies,

Looking for a bit of advice - me and hubby are looking for a new car so need to know how much boot space we need - this resulted in us looking at prams - and OMG I cannot believe ow expensive they are. We found one which was end of line and a total bargain but so heavy - I didnt even attempt to puch myself to lift it when I realised straight away the weight of it. But there was a baby jogger tandem pram which was lovely ad relatively light and compact, we got a price but it was ??1018 all in and I just dont think I can justify it for the time they will be in there.

Has anyone got any recommendations for new prams or know where I may be able to get a decent second hand one? I've looked on ebay but dont have a clue which one's are any good.

xxxx

Replies

• Ive got the baby jogger city mini double and its fab,its light and easy push and it folds in two
  • Same as fallen angel- its brilliant!

We also have a P&T as our twins are 16 months and is so much easier if i know where going some where very tight.

However we have also had an icandy pear which we got off of ebay and had an until they were 9/10 months and i loved it was so easy to clip on carseats or carry cots- very versatile.

If your going to get second hand choose one local and maybe go view it try ebay or gumtree. If you're really clever thou you'd join a twin group and listen out for mummies selling (most twin mums i know go through a few prams finding the perfect one!!!).

If you want to get new still join tamba and have a look there for affiliated sites that offer tamba discount.

xxxxxx
  • Thanks ladies - I think we will go for the city jogger mini double - much more economical and at least I dont have to faff abou with car seats. Will def keep a look out for a good 2nd hand alternative tho - I have no idea wat tamba is will go and google! Once again thanks for your help.

xxx
  • hi i have got the baby jogger city mini too!!!!! i love it it the best pram i have had i even got the baby jogger city mini single for my eldest daughter as there only 13 months between my eldest daughter and my twin girls. i they are quite cheap as well and we even brought the bag it goes in so we cud take it abroad with us. :lol:
  • Hi jenn,

I noticed you said you had 13 months between your eldest and your twins.i will have the same gap and was wondering how you coped with a double pram,I wasn't sure if I should be getting triple but couldn't afford it and would much rather City twin.

Thanks

Clare x
  • hi mrs ad!

Don't know much about twin prams but your pram is by far the biggest expense. It doesnt have to be that way though! My best friend gave me her travel system complete with car seat, and a pram that turns into a push chair when the baby is older. Its a bugaboo chamelon that she spent ??850 on but ive got from her for free! Everything detached from it and went through the wash, dad has put air in the tyres and honestly you wouldnt know it wasnt new.

I think the others are right about getting off ebay locally (so you can go and have a look, also so postage doesnt cost you a fortune) or joining twin clubs and looking for give aways/2nd hand buys - also freecycle. I know you want the babies to have the best but when its for such a short time they really wont know if its brand new or not.

Our baby is having a new cot and new nursery range (its lovely doing all this to my taste image ) but is having pram/car seat and lots of clothes second hand from my friend. Its all so expensive for such a short time and i dont feel the baby is getting second best. Theres nothing wrong with the things he/she has got.

How are you doing? Did you find out what these babies are or is it a surprise to come?! Im 28 weeks 2 days it is flying past now xx
  • If you are on facebook, there is a shop called livvitoms on it. Ive bought my pram, a city select with carrycots and seats, raincover, footmuff and a custom made giant crib for twins. Its beautiful. Its costing us ??897 altogether which is a bargain xx
  • I have the nipper 360. It is a bit heavy to lift but oh so lovely to push and not mega. I think full price it should have been ??300, but we got it for closer to ??200. However we did buy the shopping basket & cosy toes for it plus slime for the tires which together were about ??100.

I also have a toddler, she tends to walk but as an alternatve, I use a baby carrier for a baby and my toddler goes in the push chair.

I was highly recommended the nipper 360 by my local twins group.
  • Hi soz for the long reply. i coped fine but i do have a triple pushchair for when i am on my own cos if i have some one with me i get them to push my eldest in her pushchair while i push twins in their double buggy, but i have just found out baby jogger have brought a buggy board out for the mini city double so i think i will be investing in one of them now lol image