Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Buggies / Car seats.. help?

Hi all,

We're starting to look at the whole bewildering world of buggies, what a minefield!

We've decided on a tandem (our front door is really narrow apart from anything else) and don't have unlimited funds or storage space.

The buggy itself when not in use will need to live in the boot of the car for most of the time, and we're thinking that if we have 2 carseats that fit the buggy that would work fine, then when the twins are older we could just upgrade from the baby car seats to actual seats for the buggy + whatever we need in the car.

BUT... and here's the problem (possibly) - we've just read that you shouldn't leave a baby in a carseat for more than 2 hours. We're likely to do some car journeys every now and then of maybe 2-4 hours to see the family.. how does this work in practical terms in real life?

Replies

• Options
    they may advice it shouldnt be longer than that but in real life,its different,you should be ok,i wouldnt worry about it and if you are then take a break in between and take the babies out
  • Options
    hi we had so many of the problems you've mentionned.

we went for i candy peach blossom twin - expensive, but so worth it. you have it in carrycot mode when babies, so they can be led flat, but you get adaptors too so you can have both car seats attached at the same time. our twins are 14 months and (prob cos they're small cos of being 8 weeks early) we're only just about to stop using it with the car seats attached - it's so so handy. You get pushchair seats too for when they're older, we didn't use these til they were maybe 8 months, and have only just started to use them a lot more recently.

The pram always lives in the car. We don't have room for it in the house.

Finally, my family live a 2 hour car journey away, and of course with our motorways can often mean much longer. I was very strict on the '2 hour rule' and found that we'd always stop and get them out to feed them anyway, so this wasn't a problem.

good luck in making the decision.