Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

OMG TWINS!!!

Hi All,

Havent been on here for a while, had a emergency scan on Sunday as had a bleed on Friday night so was down A&E well went for my scan on Sunday only to be told we are having Twins i am still in shock and cant get my head round it. Everything seem ok they both had a heartbea, im still really early only 9 weeks so was a very big shock.

My brain has been all over the place thinking of all the things i am going to have to change etc its exciting but i am scared but i am just taking a day at a time.

Sorry about the rant be lovely to here of peoples experiences that are further along i have been feeling so ill constantly sick tired and i just want the sickness to go image

Replies

• congratulations,i had a fresh bleed at 7wks to find out i was having twins,i was lucky as i really didnt have any symptoms,like you said take one day at a time and try and rest as much as poss'
  • the sickness is bad isnt it. Google MorningWell. it's weird music like waves and bizzare plinky plonky noises, but totally safe. Can't say it made me feel well, but may work for you, it's very successful for many women. Not just for the Mornings either, I had it on all the time some days!!

i agree with prev poster rest rest rest. More than you think. don't just cut back on what you're doing, actually rest so that you are bored! you'll be glad of it one day.

Hope your pregnancy goes well x
  • thank you i just want the sickness to stop so i think i might try Google MorningWell im willing to try anything lol

We have so many things going round in our heads as we are going to have to get a bigger car and trade both our in and double buggies dont even know where to start so if anyone has any recommendations they are welcome.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy pregnancy image
  • my twins are 3 in dec' it is hard work but there worth it,i have a baby jogger city mini,its not very easy to push now with how big the twins are :lol: but its a fab pram
  • are you having non-id or id twins?
  • Sorry about the late reply im having non identical twins hopfully finding out the sexes on 16th December when i have my 20 week scan. my head is spinning with all the things you have to think of and all the information given. Looking forward to the break over xmas. Mine are due on 5 may 2012 but they have said they only let you go to 38 weeks max before they induce you so more like middle of april if they dont come before. started to get excited now.

Morning sickness has gone and starting to feel alot better just tired which im sure will never faide lol
  • mine were 9wks early,they start nursery in jan' cant wait
  • Congratulations! My twins are 10 months old now. It is hard work (even more so as one of the twins has a rare congenital condition plus add a 3 year old into the mix!) but is so much fun. You can already see their bond and it is so funny to see identical traits in both of them! We have a baby weavers double pram which looks exactly like a 360 but much cheaper x
  • my twins were 5 weeks early