Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

potty training

I know there's a potty training messageboard, but it's different with two isn't it. I have boy/girl twins and I'm thinking of starting to introduce a potty in the New Year (just so it can be a familiar item when they're ready), they've just turned 18 months.

My DD seems to be showing a few little signs, my DS not at all... he's very happy to stay in a dirty nappy.

Is it OK to concentrate on my DD and my DS will just learn and follow in his own time? Should I delay her to do them together (maybe in the warmer weather)? I don't want to be training for a year or so doing one at once, but nor do I think I should treat them as one when they are of course individuals.

Any tips please?

Thank you

Replies

• if your DD is showing signs then i would just try with her first,you could try DS at the same time and see how it goes,i tried with DD1 in june,they were 2 1/2 and she took to it within a week,was really impressed with her as its always twin brother who has done everything first,i did try him and he got it for a few days and then he got poorly and that was it,back to nappies,i did try him a few times after (normally when the school holidays were as i have DS1 who was in school) and he never took to it,i tried again about 8wks ago and he took to it very well,also i wouldnt delay trying with DD,if shes ready then she is ready,good luck,i thought i would be over stressed with it but i was relaxed,just try and go with the flow and dont push and try and keep calm :lol: lots of encouragement,also if you havent already,let them pick there own pants and if pos' there own potty,i have tried a few but the best ones i have used are these http://www.mothercare.com/Thomas-Tank-Engine-Potty-Chair/dp/B001CFNA6S?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_3&nodeId=42764041&sr=1-3&qid=1325195278&pf_rd_r=0FA1J9QQ44DQ3QY2Q60K&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7 there a good size potty,there not squatting down,would recomend these,also some kiddies dont take to the potty so if they dont,try putting them on the toilet,its just trial and error really,sorry its all jumbled up and i just kept remembering things,if i remember anything else i will add image