Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

to twin or not to twin???

Hi Ladies,

I'm hopping over from due in Aug 2012. I should be 7+2 today. I had an awful head cold a few wks ago and then a day after my period was due I did a pg test and I got a BFP image

When the cold subsided I went to the GP with being nauceous 24/7 and tired to the point of exhaustion after a few hours being awake. I also have headaches which seem constant and usually find myself sleeping for an hour or so every afternoon. The GP told me I had a urine infection and put me on antibiotics and I'm also taking the folic acid. However, a few days later I still felt no better so went bk to the GP and he said I have Flu, I said how can I have flu for so long, I've only ever had it for a few days. Well, I accepted what he said after checking my blood pressure, temp and chest and a feel of my tummy but then a cpl of days later I rang my mum to tell her about this new sensation I am getting. First of all it was after going for a wee, I felt like I could feel a 'foreign object' low in my belly and she told me to trust my instincts, so I rang the Out of Hrs GP last night and she sent me into the Hosp this morning to get some blood tests and poss scan. So I uphauled the children and sat there for an hour to get a call from a Registrar, he asked me about my previous pregnancies and any m/cs etc and asked me to reconfirm my symptoms.

He then said ok there are 2 things, we are going to get you in early next wk, as there is nobody here today for a scan we think that you've got A. a viral infection and the B. you're having TWINS!!!!!

I started laughing and the so did the Registrar.

I would really appreciate you ladies who are preg with twins or had twins to tell me what symptoms you had... could u feel anything from 7wks?

xx

Replies

• Hi there,

Well with my second pregnancy i was like you had awful sickness, severe headaches, double vision was so poorly i ended up being signed off work as i couldn't look at my computer screen without throwing up!! My doctor and midwife both thought that i could be having twins so i ended up having a scan at ten weeks and to my relief there was just one!!!!!

However nine months later i was pregnant again we had planned on having two close together, although i was sick again i was no where near as bad, no headaches at all, had scan at twelve weeks and yeah you've guessed it, there were TWO!!!!!!!!!!!

I spent the whole pregnancy in shock, ha ha!! We ended up with non identical boys 16 months after their big brother was born!!

You won't know for sure until the scan but if it does turn out to be two then although its bloody hard work they really are a blessing!!

Good luck and let us know image
  • I also did a cbd test the day before af was due and mine also read 2-3 weeks obviously high hormone levels due to there being two!!!
  • i found out at 7wks i was having twins due to having a fresh bleed and i had no symptoms at all apart from been tired but that was normal for me as i had a toddler to look after and i had every symptom going with my singleton pregnancy but nothing with the twins,so you just cant tell till you have your scan,also you will feel movement more earlier as you have been pregnant before
  • I was sick almost immediately, I found out twins at 6 weeks (internal scan), another at 7weeks confirmed 2 heartbeats.

Constant nausea, stomach pains (convinced OH was m/c or in my tubes), heightened smell, sore boobs...

Our consultant said lots of pregnancies are twins, but many m/c one before they even know (how do they know this??).

I hope your two hold on and you have a good pregnancy - twins really are the best fun ever.