Forum home Babies Twins & multiples
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

IVF - One egg or two???

Hi,

I've had two failed IVF's and I am just about to start my third cycle,  we've got two frozen eggs left and we are thinking about putting them both back in. I'm 34 and I know there is every chance that none, one or two might take but I am wondering if I am doing the right thing by using both of them. 

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Replies

• i know a lot of places are stopping putting two eggs back in,one of the moms at school,she had ivf and they only put one back in,she did ask for both to be put back but they refused,so i would speak to your doctors about it,good luck 

• Hi,  Thanks for you reply.  As I have had two failed attempts already my clinic will let me put two back in this time.

I guess I was a bit worried about the complications of having twins, their well being and my own.  I don't know anyone who has had twins so I don't really know what to expect.

If they both survive the thawing out process then I have chosen to put them both back in and let nature decide. x x

• i think thats a wise choice,since its on ivf and if you did get pregnant with twins,i would have thought they would keep even more of an eye on you,so try and not worry