Forum home Babies Twins & multiples

Could there be 2?

Hi, I'm 12 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and recently decided to use a doppler to pick up a heartbeat. I found it straight away on the left had side just above my pelvic bone. ive listened a couple of times and always gone straight to it. My mum recently made a joke about looking for a 2nd heartbeat as twins run in my family, so today I slowly moved the doppler across to the right side. Couldn't hear anything in the middle but then as soon as I got to the right side, I could hear a heartbeat clear as day. I then moved it back to the left and could hear it there too. Is it possible that it could just be the same beat bouncing off the placenta or does it sound like there could be 2? I've gotta wait 8 more days for my scan and I'm just too excited to find out! :)

Replies

• Hi Shellington, you might want to check out this thread and post your question there as we have a few ladies having multiples on MFM, they might be able to help... Also if you fancy joining one of our Birth Clubs where you can meet women due the same month as you, just click here!

• Thankyou! Posted on there and had a response :) It's going to be a long 8 days until my scan, just so excited :)