Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ideas please

Has anyone got any recipe ideas for a 9month old? He has vegetables and beef, butternut squash and chicken, carrot and lentil bake etc but I think he's getting a bit bored. I prefer to make him homemade food rather than jars but not sure what else I could make- any ideas that are freezer friendly (i like to stock up!)

Replies

• little mini fish pies and cottage pies are easy to make and freeze in little bots. Have you got annabel karmel book?
  • My first reaction to this thread was fish pie!  Great idea, fish pies, cottage / shepherds pies are all easy to cook and freeze.  Cheesy potato, cheese, tomato, veggie or whatever you want with the little pasta shapes that Annabel Karmel sells in Boots, freeze the sauce and cook the pasta fresh and stir in, or bits from your own meals pureed to the required consistency and then frozen is an easy and cost effective way of doing it.
  • Annabel Karmel book very good
  • I third annabel karmel,great book.

I also used to freeze up the extras from a sunday roast(not meat) then just add fresh chicken or beef with some stock when re-heating.Riley loved it.

• No not got tha Annabel Karmel book might have to get it. Think I'l try ish pie, last time I gave him fish he turned his face inside out was not impressed! Cant really freeze any extras from what we have cos Im living on salads at the moment still trying to shift a couple of pounds.

Thanks for all your ideas x