Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

lumpy food

My daughter is nearly 1 and i am having trouble getting her to eat lumpy food, she will eat finger foods but just spits out any food i give her that is chopped up (rather than pureed or mashed). She has always had a good appetite and is fairly adventurous with flavours so if anyone has any suggestions i would be very grateful.

Laura

Replies

• Options
    I wish i could help, Jessica is 21months and going through that phase!
  • Options

Hi Laura

Sorry can't help as I am ttc no 1, just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site. Hope you manage to get her eating lumps soon. I'm sure there will be loads of people on here who can offer you advise

Cheryl x x

• Options

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! I hope you have some good news soon for your first baby!

Laura x

• Options
    Hi Laura, Im sammi mummy to Kai 10 months not really sure what to advise as Kai will happily eat chopped food unless he has a tooth pushing through then he doesn't wanna know so I give him mashed. I also find he eats better when Im spoon feeding him if he holds a spoon too, makes him feel grown up I think! Sorry couldn't be much help but Im sure someone will be able to give you some good advice x
  • Options
    image  Hi i'm new here but going through the same as you. Ben is nearly 11 months and won't eat mashed or lumpy meals. He will eat finger foods though!! Sorry not much help to you but you are not alone. I am just offering him more textured things regularly in the hope that one day he will just eat it without a tantrum or urging.