Forum home Babies Weaning

Weaning Problems at 6 months!

Hi Everyone,

Please can anyone help me! This is rather odd as I have a two year old who has been a text book child. However I am having real problems trying to wean my 6 month old daughter. Basically she will not open her mouth and when she does she spits it out! She is showing all the classic signs of needing to wean but I just do not know what to do! She is on a dairy free diet which makes things difficult with choosing foods as she HATES baby rice. I have tried lots of different tastes and have not found anything that she will go made for. I have also tried different spoons and used my fingers (suggested by HV).

I am trying so hard not to show her how frustrated I am getting and we will continue to persist but does anyone have a miracle for me?! Thanks

Replies

• All you can do is keep trying.Most of mine hated baby rice.They would eat the cereals with fruit in.Mostly I did all homemade stuff.Sweet potatoes were always a favourite.Pears another.I used to freeze it in ice cube trays,and defrosted what I needed when I needed it.I used Annabel Karmel recipes a lot.I also found it useful to give half a feed first to calm baby down then a couple of spoons,so they're not upset and crying,cos they won't be ready to try anything,but they aren't so full of milk either that they can't eat any more.We tried so many spoons too.Matilda's favourites were the Tommee Tippee weaning spoons.Strange shape but they worked for her.They have a soft tip so she wanted to bite on them anyway.
    Don't think there's a miracle,but it might be worth a look at the Annabel Karmel website.I always start there for new ideas.
  • I agree,Anabelle Karmel is very good.

Don't stress too much she will eat when she is ready x

• mashed banana is a huge favourite here!

Ive got to agree with the others Annabell Karmel is brilliant ive got three of her books all thoroughly used and loved!!

• You have to try the weenee jeenee it is a new product it is like a dummy but it is a spoon this will work