Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weaning equipment

hi im hoping to start weaning my son in the next few weeks, what equipment would eveyone recommend thanks x

Replies

• I'd say a few plastic spoons, a splash mat for under the highchair and a few plastic bowls.

If you plan to make your own food, the trays in which you put individual portions before freezing are really good, especially the soft ones like this one:

http://s7v1.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/000174043?$fash_product$

http://www.johnlewis.com/174064/Style.aspx

You will need a blender too and I recommend the disposable bibs for when out and about.

I found this on mumsnet when I was looking for the same info last month, and it made me chuckle, so I thought I would share with you:

"You need a baby, some food and a pvc home.

Add food and baby together and stand well back (but be alert for any choking)

Eventually they become acceptable to society and you are able to take them to restaurants - the following month they leave home."

:lol:
  • Minnie has covered it all there, very helpful. I'd also recommend getting a beaker / doidy cup so that you can introduce that with water in at the same time.

On the topic of storage pots, Sainsbury's little ones are great as you can use them to store homemade food, but also for taking food out and about in as you can serve the food straight from them.
  • We used;

Ice cube trays for making portions and freezing them, and then emptied food into labelled plastic freezer bags

Baby spoons

Plastic bowls (packs of 3-4 in Tesco, not in baby section or over-priced!!)

Suction bowl for when giving finger food (for later)

Handled beaker to give water

Bibs, lots of! I get through about 3-4 a day so always have spares else I'd be washing every day to keep up with her!

White sticky labels for labelling food! I forgot these for ages and got confused about what was what! Am amazed she didn't try parsnip and rhubard mixed together as a result hee hee!

We give lo some organix/Hipp pots so I tend to wash those and keep them for things I make - as well as using the plastic pots.

If you have a blender then that'll be fine - you don't need to buy a baby blender unless you really want one.

HTH