Forum home Babies Weaning

Shall I start him on solids?

Hi Mums !!

My boy is 5 months and 1 week, he lately hasnt been drinking his bottles he was on 7oz feeds every 3 hours but now he may only take 4oz-6oz so I decided to feed when he wanted which was sometimes after 3 hours and sometimes after 4 hours, he is putting weight on, just seems to drink what he wants I feel he just gets bored.

He watches us eat and can sit up with support he is constantly chewing his hands/fists and now his tounge !!!! he can hold a toy for a short time and sometimes manages to get it to his mouth but the whole hand-mouth co-ordination thing is still in training.

He has started waking in the night around the same time each time, but we have just leftb him and he has gone back off to sleep after 5-20mins.

So, I just want people's opinions as to wether I should start solids as he is not quite 6 months ??

Xxx

Replies

• Go for it!

I started weaning Anna 4 weeks ago when she was 4 months. All the reasons you mentioned. She started with just one solid feed a day at lunchtime- 1 spoon of baby rice mixed with an ounce of her bottle. She loved it and has sleot through the night since we started.

Now we do two feeds, baby porridge in morning about 10.30am two spoons mixed with milk and sometimes a tiny squirt of fruit puree and two spoons of rice with milk for her dinner. These are served with her bottle. She gets a drink, food, drink burp then rest of her feed washed down with a cuddle and milk.

HV gave me a lecture about research and allergies but I think every child is different and a mother knows her child.

Anna wasnt satisfied with the milk but couldnt take any more liquid.

You will wonder what u have been waiting for. My Anna is much more satisfied and content.x
  • same as the lady above, my little boy turned 4 months last month and he was watching us eat all the time, so I've let him have the 4 months plus baby stuff from that new baby zilli range and he really loves it, I really recommend their range actually, it looks and actually tastes really nice (I've tried it myself! lol!)

I hope it all goes well, it should be fine image