Forum home Babies Weaning

My 9 motnh old baby keeps spitting food out

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help with with this problem.

My 9 month old baby has recently started to spit food back out of his mouth. He has his 2 bottom teeth but not his top ones yet and seems to be almost spitting the food out through his teeth. He also does this when he isnt eating with his own saliva.

Not sure why he has started doing this, wondered if it could be linked to teething?

Has anyone else had the same problems? Any tips or advice?

Replies

• Hi Gemma,

I had the same problem with my Daughter, when she strated teething, she use to spit out the food and water too.. it is simply because it will be irritating as their first tooth is coming out, she use to poo (sorry) more often than usual and wont sleep a nights,these are the symptoms of teething, just offer him teethers(make sure its a bit cool) before giving it to him), it has helped me a lot, start brushing your baby's teeth, and gums with gentle brush, it will soothe them and give him lots of fluids.

nothing to worry, these sysmptoms will reduce as time pass by

Hope this helps!!!!!!
  • Gemma,

don't worry, most of us get to this situation. I agree with Bhuvana, teething must be very irritating for babies, we can't remember but just imagine!
    My youngest daughter has also a very high fever. This time she won't eat or drink anything and I feel like I am breastfeeding nonstop.
    She loves cool teethers and after little time of 'having it' she can drink and eat a little bit.
    Sometimes I can grab her attention for something else then she starts to eat. Well I am not sure if this is by the book but it helps sometimes image.

Good luck and don't worry..