Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What was your biggest weaning disaster?

We all know how stressful weaning can be, so let's lighten the tone a bit! Everyone's got at least one feeding disaster to their name, so go on - share your tales of woe and give us all a giggle!

Replies

• Options
    My husband and I are debating should we invest a good food blender (cook and freeze) or a cheap blender (mostly use baby jar in the long run)? In the end, we bought a cheap argos value hand blender. So when I 'm blending the porriage (cooked soft frangance rice) in a big cooking pot, it went over the place eg cooker, floor, wall.... Firstly, I did not got cover to cover it. Secondly, it is so watery! In the end, the food taste horrible!
  • Options

We went to my Mum's for Sunday dinner when my middle daughter was about 10mths old, they had just decorated the dining room and she refused to be fed with a spoon by my mum and picked up the bowl of fruit she was having and threw it down the wall.  They now have a strwaberry stain on the wall and a lovely picture covering it!  My daughter ate in the kitchen after that until she could make less mess while eating as she has always refused to be fed and had to do it herself.

My youngest is the same, we had to laugh at her eating mashed potato and cheese sauce with her fingers, she had to go straight in the bath when she had done but had lots of fun!

• Options

Mia (my eldest) loved fish & loved sweet potato so i spent ages making loads of haddock & sweet potato cakes. They tasted so good but even the smallest bit made her sick which was a shame because I'd made about 50.

Ava (my youngest) nearly tried eating at 2 months old but not by my choice. She was in her bouncey chair & Mia was eating cereal in her highchair next to her sister. I saw Mia do it before I could stop her, she poured the full bowl of cereal over her sister. Ava got cleaned up quick but she thought it was all quite funny, as did Mia.