Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What are your babies/toddlers having for Christmas dinner?

Are they having the full turkey roast, or a tried and tested puree? There's still (just about) time to get to the supermarket, so tell us what's on the menu and inspire some other mums!

Lucy

Replies

• Options

my babys always get whatever were eating rainging from finly choped to you can doit on your own now

so full turky dinner for tham yum yum

• Options

I've always given them the same as us for Christmas dinner,We do the traditional Christmas dinner,if they're old enough to sit in a highchair they join in.I've had tinies eating it whizzed,Merlin did Christmas dinner with hands last year,rather messy but he had what we did.This year thankfully he's perfected the spoon.

Christmas pudd is something some of mine are fussy about.When they were babies they loved it,as they've got older I now have to get the chocolate option and the toffee one so everyone's happy.

• Options

My eldest was just 6mths at her first Christmas so I gave her what she usually had as she was still wary of new foods, my younger daughters were both born in the autumn so we had Christmas dinner with all the trimmings eaten with fingers by my middle daughter and are prepared for it with the splash mat ready for the youngest this year!

Our concession this year will be that we will only have a one course meal at their usual dinner time and maybe have the starter for lunch as last year we had tears and tantrums at my mums waiting for dinner and having to sit for so long to get it, after their starter they just wanted a pudding and to get down from the table to play and didn't understand why they had a different dinner to eat too.

I've also had a request for jelly for pudding because its their party!

• Options
    we gonna have chinese tradition meal - STEAMBOAT! Where everyone sit around the table, putting uncooked food in the pot (on a portable electrit cooker) and wait till it cook and keep cooking. it is just a chocolate fondant but it is food like fish, prawn, veg, muchroom....  etc! will post a pic in MFM facebook!