Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not eating at nursery

Anyone had any experience of a baby who eats well at home but won't eat at nursery? My DD is 12 months old and started nursery just before Christmas and every day her keyworker tells me she hasn't eaten much. She seems well settled there although she's always grouchy when I pick her up, possibly because she's hungry. I'm not sure what to do - she's there two days a week at the moment but will be going up to three days soon and I'm a bit worried that she's going to get ill if she doesn't eat while she's there.

Replies

• Options
    My 2 yr old was like that when she 1st started having lunch at pre-school, she was too distracted by the other children to have a snack or eat her lunch, after a couple of months she started to have a bit but never eats a lot.  Maybe she is still settling in there.  It took my girls a good couple of months to adjust to the very noisy mealtimes as well as being left.  I always made sure I picked them up and gave them a snack and drink immediately for on the way home and as big a breakfast as they would eat and a banana on the way there so that I knew at least they had had enough to keep them going.  If she's eating well over the other days it will probably balance out over the week so I wouldn't be too worried.