Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

8month old routine - help!

Hi everyone I tried posting on here earlier but I don't think it worked! My baby boy is 8months old but was 10weeks prem so is 6months adjusted age. He seems really unsettled at the minute and gets worse as the day goes on if he hasn't had enough sleep and he seems to be getting so hungry before his lunch/dinner that he has a full meltdown and I don't seem to be getting it quick enough! At the minute his routine is: 630/7am - 5oz Milk 9-930am - nap 10am - breakfast + 4oz Milk He then naps on and off between 11-1pm 130pm - lunch + 4oz Milk 230-3ish - nap 5pm - dinner + pudding 730pm - bath, 5oz milk, bed and he sleeps right through During the day he's so agitated I don't know if I should change his daytime routine so that he's not starving before meals but don't know how to do it without him being unsettled! Any advice would be much appreciated image

Replies

• Have you tried giving him snacks/water when he is agitated?

My little gets hard work after 3pm, I really have to try hard to keep his mind occupied playing with him and often take him out for a walk in the baby carrier at this time and he is so good image and as soon as I get home, we have a 20 min play time and then its 6pm for dinner.

I give my little on milk (BM) at 5:30- 6am when he wakes and then he goes back to sleep until 7-7:30am. Then straight away after brushing teeth, I feed him breakfast (to start with he had very little for breakfast), the sometimes he will have milk at 10-10:30am (although he has dropped this feed now at 8 months), lunch is between 11:30-1:30pm (depends on what we are doing, classes/out and about), milk about 30 mins after lunch and then he naps. At 3-4pm he has a snack and water (fruit, cheese straws, bread stick, rice cake, cheese etc) and then has his dinner plus pudding at 6 and bed time milk at 7-7:15pm

It takes time. It took me 2 months to get him settled into a routine. It was difficult when I first started weaning as he really persisted on having milk rather than food! But I kept him occupied while introducing food to him, I have a bubble machine that I put on for a few seconds and he gets interested in the bubbles and has a spoonful of food!