Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My daughter is 8 months old and wont take her milk in the day

Hello ladies image

I am not sure if my previous post worked as i cant see it only the title so i will try again, i am hoping some one can shed a little light on my situation. My daughter Marnie is 8 months old and a little bit under wieght due to bronchiltus and colds (shes been at nusery a few months while i am at work seems to be picking everything up) I cant seem to get her to have milk and food ven if its not at the same time Marnies current routine is

7:00am 6oz milk

Breakfast 8:30am Porrige or Fruit and Yoghurt

11:00am 1-2oz milk or refuses

Lunch and pudding 12:30am bottle offered nearly always refused

3:00pm 1-2oz milk or refused

Tea and fruit dessert 5:30pm

Bedtime 7:30pm 3oz milk

Night feed 1 10:00pm 5oz

Night feed 2 3:00am 6oz

I have tryed giving Marnie water in the night she refuses it and wont settle or just less milk but she just wakes up earlier for her next one.

Marnie is on follow on milk does any one know how many oz a day she is supposed to be having? Or any help at all xxx

Replies

• My little boy (also 8 months) is currently on three large meals a day, with some snacks inbetween meals. He has:

7am: 6oz of milk some of which is mixed in with his porridge so he generally only drinks about 2-3oz as a drink, He'll then have some toast to play with/eat and also some fruit (blueberries/banana etc)

12:30: Lunch with water

4.30/5.00: Dinner with water

6/6.30: 8oz milk

He'll have water inbetween meals and also snacks like rice cakes, breadsticks, fruit, biscuits.

He's never really been that fussed on dairy products though, he won't eat youghurts, I get him to eat cheese occasionally to try and get his dairy intake up. I just upped his food portions to get him to drop the small feeds inbetween meals as I felt like it was a constant cycle of feeding constantly all day.

• Thanks i felt like i was under feeding my daughter, i have started putting mascapone in her meals to try and help her gain some wieght but the health visoters keep telling me shes still under and she is very petite any way. Did your son stop sleeping through when you cut down his milk? My daughter slept through from 6 weeks till she was about 4 and a half months i suppose because she needed more food but my health visoter insisted i couldnt wean her until she was 6 months now she has 2 1 hour naps in the day but still wont sleep through i wasnt sure if she wasnt having anoth food x