Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help - wont take a feed before bed

Hi all,

my little one has always been fussy on her milk, have spoken to health visitors and doctor and they dont seem bothered at all, she wont take any milk in the day, has 3 meals a day and she is great on her solids, will have a bit of water.

I can not get her to have a feed before bed, so we have constant waking up during the night, sometimes every hour and a half and will only take 1oz. She has now become really bad trying to go to sleep, I think becasue she is hungry and now wont go in her cot to sleep I have to wait till she falls asleep on me, really struggling and dont know what to do, have switched from aptamil 1 to follow on but still not helping, was thinking of trying cows milk???

Replies

• You could try giving ready brek / baby porridge before bed mixed with formula - it will fool her into thinking she's eating rather than taking milk and you'll be filling her up hopefully enough to keep her going overnight.  X

• At what time is she having her last meal? How long is that before bed time?

My lo is a bit of a terror sometimes at bedtime - I am still breast feeding (and weaning!), and if she is not tired when I give her her last breast-feed, she just start crawling over the bed, and generally playing! I end up just sitting with her for a while, and then doing the last breast-feed again, and she soons goes off to sleep!

Or, maybe try the milk in her drinking cup that she has water from? image

• Maybe if she is only having 1oz she's not hungry. Maybe it's something else, How old is she?