Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Steralising Bottles

OK, So, the Government and NHS/Midwife advice on steralising is that you wait until baby is hungry, then freshly steralise a bottle, boil the kettle, leave the water half an hour to cool and then make up the bottle, cool and feed.

There are also a lot if people out there however that steralise 6 bottles at a time, add boiled water, keep in the fridge and warm and use when needed. The issue with that being that the powers that be say the water never gets hot enough to kill the bacteria in the powdered milk and therefore carries a kmrisk to baby of gastroenteritis.

Do my question is this ... IF there was a system available that steralised a bottle, heated the milk to the desired temp to kill any nasties and remove that risk and then cool the bottle to be able to drink ALL within 15mins ... and it wasn't a stupid price, would you buy it?

Replies

• I think tommy tippee are doing something like that now aren't they? Well I know it dispenses the right temp water anyway. No I wouldn't I used the bottle in fridge method and heated up in microwave and have a healthy almost 4yo. But I suspect a lot of first timers would buy it I suspect there's s lot of ppl who would Tbf. U always want to do things right and by the book but when it's 2nd time round I guess it's different x