Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How do you like your eggs in the morning..

Morning,

I want to introduce eggs to Annabel's diet, she is 6.5 months old and we have been weaning for about a month. What is the best way to introduce them?, shall I give her boiled eggs and toast slices, scrambled or make eggy bread?. I'm nervous about introducing them, but not quite sure why.

Replies

• Scrambled is good x

• I introduced marley to eggs by having them scrambled with toast at around 7 months, havent been brave enough to try any others ways yet! Let us know what you try and how it goes x

• I used to make frittatas in the oven, in little oven proof dishes, for my first LO when first introducing egg, and still do (my youngest is allergic to egg image ). when they are cool you can cut them into slices perfect for little hands that have a nice firm texture and you can add things such as a little cheese and sweet potato to start, then as she gets older, start experimenting with ingredients! image

• I give my little one scrambled in the morning with toast or as a one egg omelette. For evening frittatas missed with veg and cheese is brilliant, my little one likes it with feta cheese and courgette.  

• Scrambled eggs are nice and easy - just use a non-stick pan, with a little fat if you want, 1 or 2 eggs and a splash of milk.

To add a creamier texture add some cream cheese, and it is a great way to intriduce fresh herbs such as thyme.

• Scrambled eggs are an easy option as the eggs are effectively whipped into a managable 'bite size' texture & you have the added bonus of mixing with milk.

•  

Thanks Ladies,

We had a not so successful scrambled eggs with spinach breakfast (one of my favourite breakfast dishes) this morning. I think I was being a bit ambitious, Annabel is only 6.5 months. The texture was completely new to her and she couldn't grasp how to chew or swallow the eggs, a lot went on the floor and she gagged and coughed a lot. We went back to porridge and toast, but I will not be defeated, I will try again in a few weeks once she is a bit older. I suppose I could have added more milk and liquidised it, but I didn’t actually think of that at the time. (I'll put the recipe on the Recipe Exchane Thread later today)

Ps. I think I probably also drove Annabel mad by constantly singing ‘how do you like your eggs in the morning..... I like mine with a Kiss!!!!. T he poor, poor child.

• Lol! I always sing that too when I make eggs. Lola now sings it and we both set each other off! Have you tried eggy bread soldiers? The texture is nicer and its less messy to eat. You can also sweeten with a touch of agave syrup and a sprinkle if cinnamon for baby French toast! yummy! image

• Thats got me in the mood for french toast! Looking forward to breakfast now image

• My friend who is doing baby-led weaning suggested that I make a cheese omelette, cut it into slices and give to Annabel as finger food. I am keen for her to eat eggs so think I will try this method at the weekend. I'll let you know how it goes, fingers crossed it will go down better than the scrambled eggs.

• First taste of omelette when he was around 6 months

• He is so cute! Brilliant photos and it looks like he enjoyed it image

• He definitely looks like an omelette fan! Hehe! image

• We had eggs, Woooo!!! I gave Annabel a cheese omelette cut into slices, she loved it!! Went down much easier than the srambled eggs. And she ate it all on her own, so not only first eggs but first finger fed meal.

• i saw share being shared on Facebook, looks good.

• Another successful egg meal, I gave Annabel a cheese and tomato omelette, it went down a real treat. I am going to try scrambled eggs again soon now that she is a little bit older and is getting better at chewing foods.