Forum home Babies Weaning

milk at 11 months

How much milk should my little one be having at 11 months old? He is still breast fed so Im not sure how much he is actually drinking but he has a milk feed at least three times a day

Replies

• as long as he is healthy and gaining wieght well id say hes fine.

xx

• He is very healthy and putting weight on!! I will let him decide when he is ready to start dropping milk feeds image x

• As everyone else is saying just see how he responds. Flo is also 11 months, and she only has a breastfeed at bedtime, and that is only a matter of minutes these days! She doesn't have any other milk throughout the day, as I am pretty sure she is getting everything she needs from food these days. Plus we also needed to be ready for when I am back at work, and the thought of having to buy and make up formula just wasn't in the equation! So she has water available to her all day (Tommee Tippe cups are great at not spilling!), which suits her fine!

• My little one only has milk in the morning (around 6pm) and then before bed since he has started nursery 4 days a week. And I am feeling it, breast feel full and heavy by 3pm- not good while still at work!

• My little 1 still feeds about 4-5 x in 24hrs and she is 1 on tuesday, she eates loads and has water but wont go to sleep without boob image