Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

feeding on the move

We are driving down to cornwall on monday so do any mums have tips for feeding your little ones while traveling? 

Replies

• Options

Hi Jodie, 

We have fed a lot on trains, but never on a long car journey. I would suggest that keep to your normal routine in terms of timings for feeds. Plan your stops/breaks around what times you would normally feed. Take lots of wipes in case of travel sickness. If you are not able to prepare your own food for your LO on holiday, take lots of ready made pouches/jars and fresh fruit. When eating out, you can share food with Marley. Order foods like jacket potatoes, tuna sandwiches, low salt/sugars foods and share with him.

Have a wonderful holiday. 

• Options

I normally make lunch for all of us, last time I made home-made pizza and ate it when we got to hotel grounds. Also, the pouches are brilliant to take, conveient and easy. Take foods that your little on is familar with and keep feeding times to what you would normally do when at home.

Lots of wipes, bibs and change of clothes!

If feeding on the move in the car seat, make sure that there is an adult in the back, incase of choking.

• Options

Hi Jodie, sorry I missed your post to give you some advice in time! I hope you had a lovely time in Cornwall and that you found feeding on the move ok! image

• Options

Hi Jodie,

How did you get on with feeding on the move? Was it difficult? or did you mange ok? Let us know.