Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not keen on lumps

My little one has been really fussy this week. If I give him something to eat that is purée or smooth sauce with lumpy bits in it, he will push of the lumps! Usually he is ok, not sure what has happened to him. I gave him some fruit purée with lumps of apple today and he just pushed out the lumps! but if I gave him a full apple or slice he would eat that!

Replies

• My youngest was terrible she would eat really smooth food but wouldn't go on to next stage in the end I went strait onto normal food and she was fine xx
  • Don't worry! This is a stage that will pass. Both my LOs went through this at different ages. Keep offering the problems foods now and again, but don't push it. it may take a little while but he will come round to them again! image

• he started eating normally last week and then he broke out in chicken pox's on Saturday! off food again. this is the third time he has picked some out from nursery in 8 weeks! 

• My lo does this when he is teething, he will become really fussy with food and different textures and will only eat certain finger foods. 

Poor little man with chicken pox, I hope he gets better soon and gets back to eating normally x