Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Waking at night after weaning

Since I have been weaning Henry he has started waking in the night, once sometimes twice! Even though he is having good meals during the day. I'm really tired, but still trying to enjoy it as I'm not having anymore kids, so enjoying the late night cuddles. Anyone else having the same?

Replies

• I found my son was taking in air when eating so his lunchtime nap was affected and when he woke he needed a really big burp! Since we've moved to finger food it's really helped and he's now having a longer nap.

Do you think he's uncomfortable or hungry (have you dropped any milk feeds?).  Hopefully (as with everything) "it's just a phase"!!!

• He doesn't seem bothered by his milk during the day and isn't uncomfortable. Problem is he goes to bed at 5.30pm has a bottle at 930 which in theory should be his last, but isn't x
  • My first daughter went through that, but like Mummy Swan I found that because she was mainly on purrees was a getting pains in her belly. As she got older though she did get used to it. It was a long 6 weeks of many wake ups in the night. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that this phase ends soon x