Forum home Babies Weaning
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Recipe ideas

Hi. I'm after recipe ideas using just the basic non allergenic foods, carrots, parsnips etc. Henry (7months) is very allergic to lots of things and I'm waiting for an allergy test to confirm what foods. But don't want to wait any longer to wean him. Thanks.

Replies

• Options

Have you got an Annabel Karmel book?  A lot of the earlier recipes are quite basic with no milk ingredients in so should give you a big variety of recipes to choose from?  Also I guess you could use plenty of finger foods, vegetables and grilled meat etc.

• Options
    I've got the book, and looking at it now. Thank you. Going shopping tomorrow for fingers foods. X
  • Options

Hope it helps! Usually the recipes are good and I've just discovered the Ella's Kitchen cookbook which is AMAZING! But more for 1 year + (or at least in my experience!) x

• Options

Why not try some very bland foods like mash potato, sweet potato, baby rice with water (not milk). Then slowly add more flavors and textures, so for example try a mash potato and if tolerated add some mashed/liquidized peas or courgettes. Try finger foods such as toast and butter, then slowly add a spread such as a hummus or mushroom pate.

it must be really scary and frustrating for you, but take it slowly and hopefully your allergy testing appointment will come through soon.    

• Options
    Thanks for the info and support x